By Susan Prosser, Stuart Gripman
You don't desire a technical historical past to construct strong databases with FileMaker seasoned 14. This crystal-clear, goal consultant indicates you ways to create a database that permits you to do virtually something together with your information so that you can speedy in achieving your pursuits. no matter if you're developing catalogs, dealing with stock and billing, or making plans a marriage, you'll the way to customise your database to run on a laptop, Mac, net browser, or iOS device.
The vital things you have to know:
• Dive into relational data: clear up difficulties quick by way of connecting and mixing information from various tables.
• Create expert documents: post stories, charts, invoices, catalogs, and different records with ease.
• Access facts anywhere: Use FileMaker move in your iPad or iPhone—or proportion facts at the Web.
• Harness processing power: Use new calculation and scripting instruments to crunch numbers, seek textual content, and automate tasks.
• Run your database on a safe server: research the high-level positive aspects of FileMaker seasoned Advanced.
• Keep your facts safe: Set privileges and make allowance info sharing with FileMaker's streamlined security measures.
Read or Download FileMaker Pro 14: The Missing Manual PDF
Similar computers books
This e-book constitutes the refereed complaints of the twenty first Annual Symposium on Theoretical points of laptop technological know-how, STACS 2004, held in Montpellier, France, in March 2004. The fifty four revised complete papers awarded including invited contributions have been rigorously reviewed and chosen from greater than two hundred submissions.
This publication constitutes the completely refereed post-proceedings of the 4th foreign Workshop on Declarative Agent Languages and applied sciences, DALT 2006, held in Hakodate, Japan in could 2006 as an linked occasion of AAMAS 2006, the most foreign convention on self sufficient brokers and multi-agent structures.
This booklet constitutes the completely refereed post-conference court cases of the twentieth foreign Workshop on Languages and Compilers for Parallel Computing, LCPC 2007, held in Urbana, IL, united states, in October 2007. The 23 revised complete papers awarded have been conscientiously reviewed and chosen from forty nine submissions.
Bio-inspired Modeling of Cognitive Tasks: Second International Work-Conference on the Interplay Between Natural and Artificial Computation, IWINAC 2007, La Manga del Mar Menor, Spain, June 18-21, 2007, Proceedings, Part I
The 1st of a two-volume set, this ebook constitutes the refereed court cases of the second one foreign Work-Conference at the interaction among common and synthetic Computation, IWINAC 2007, held in l. a. Manga del Mar Menor, Spain in June 2007. The 126 revised papers offered are thematically divided into volumes.
- Performance Evaluation: Origins and Directions
- Oracle Enterprise Manager. Event Test Reference Manual
- Humanizing Technology: Computers in Community Use and Adult Education
- Wild Duck: Empirische Philosophie der Mensch-Computer-Vernetzung
- Hybrid Metaheuristics: 4th International Workshop, HM 2007, Dortmund, Germany, October 8-9, 2007. Proceedings
Extra resources for FileMaker Pro 14: The Missing Manual
Instead, switch to Find mode, tell FileMaker what you’re looking for, and the program finds it for you. This section explains how to use Find mode to search for a record or group of records, and how to edit your search if you don’t get the results you anticipated. ) You can get to Find mode in four ways: • From the Mode pop-up menu, choose Find. • Choose View→Find Mode. • In the Status toolbar, click Find. • Press Ctrl+F (c -F). The Mode pop-up menu and View menu indicate which mode you’re currently in.
Use Find mode to let FileMaker do the looking for you. You tell FileMaker what you’re looking for; when it’s done looking, FileMaker returns you to Browse mode and shows what it found. ) • In addition to using databases (viewing, finding, sorting, adding, and changing data), you can use FileMaker to build databases (in fact, that’s what most of this book is about). Layout mode is where you design the screens (called layouts in FileMaker parlance) that present your database information to best advantage.
It’s time for a little organized laziness: Instead of making new blank records and retyping all that stuff, just choose Records→Duplicate Record or press Ctrl+D (c D). FileMaker copies everything from the first record into a new one for you. Now you can edit just the information that needs to be changed—just be sure you don’t accidentally leave in the first person’s email address or phone number, lest a message or phone call get misdirected later. DELETING RECORDS Getting rid of a record you don’t need is a breeze.